Community Service Committee
Working together we make our community stronger and a better place for those who live and work here. Leadership Connect members are involved as individuals and groups with area nonprofit organizations contributing to boards, volunteering & more.
December is our annual Christmas Project luncheon. Lunch will be provided to all attendees courtesy of the Chamber. Join us as we give back to those in need in our community!
Join us as we give back to local displaced families living at CODA. Sign up to bring a $15-$20 gift from the Google Spreadsheet (find link below). We will wrap all the donated gifts at our December lunch meeting. Lunch and wrapping supplies will be provided by the Chamber. Join us as we spread a little Christmas cheer!
HOW YOU CAN HELP!
- Sign up to bring a $15-$20 gift from the Google spreadsheet. The sheet has gift ideas and a sign up broken down by age group and gender: SIGN UP SHEET
- If you can’t buy you can donate at the Chamber by December 2nd and we will do the shopping for you!
- Please make sure that gifts to not have violent undertones (weapons, handcuffs, police items) as these can be triggers of post-trauma for some children. Superheroes and firefighters are acceptable.
- Since residents at the shelter fluctuate not all gifts could get distributed during the holiday season. Any gifts that the shelter doesn’t distribute during the holidays will be held by CODA for birthdays and special events throughout the year.
- Bring gifts to the December 5th meeting and we will get into the holiday spirit by wrapping our gifts together.
- If you have any questions regarding gifts please contact Mel at email@example.com for more information.
Lunch and wrapping supplies provided by the Chamber!
Many of the families and individuals that enter the CODA shelter do so with a sense of urgency and often have little to no belongings with them. The staff and residents at the shelter love to celebrate the season but often struggle to acquire the gifts and goodies. It is important, especially around the holiday season to project a sense of family. CODA does this by collecting holiday gifts for both adults and children. It is tough to know the age range of the kiddos as we often get emergency placements around the holidays so we ask for a wide range of items for all ages and then store them to use as birthday gifts throughout the year if they are not used throughout the holiday season. Although the holiday season is about the kids, we also like to treat the adult residents because they often need creature comforts while going through a tough time in their life.