Community Service Committee
Working together we make our community stronger and a better place for those who live and work here. THYL members are involved as individuals and groups with area nonprofit organizations contributing to boards, volunteering & more.
December is our annual Christmas Project luncheon. Lunch will be provided to all attendees courtesy of the Chamber. Join us as we give back to foster children in our community!
This year we are purchasing gifts for children of foster families at The Villages in Terre Haute, a family services agency.
- Sign up to bring a $20-$25 gift from the Google spreadsheet. The sheet has gift ideas and a sign up broken down by age group and gender.: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JF3DLLBlOtfEcon07wB_wsuklobYK0V5x4y7ncPgdWQ/edit#gid=0
- Or you can donate before December 5th and we will do the shopping for you!
- Please make sure that gifts do not have violent undertones (weapons, handcuffs, police items) as these can be triggers of post trauma for some children in foster care. Superheroes and firefighters are acceptable.
- Bring gifts to the December 6th meeting and we will get into the holiday spirit by wrapping our gifts together.
- If you have any questions regarding gifts please contact Lindsay at email@example.com for more information.
Lunch and wrapping supplies provided by the Chamber!