This month’s speaker was Rebecca Dutcher from RED66 Marketing. If you were unable to attend the meeting, you missed out on a great presentation! Lucky for you, Rebecca has it posted on her website. Here are the highlights from her talk:
- What is your personal brand? Have you given it much thought? The online space has changed the way our personal brands are represented.
- Create brand YOU! Choose your niche and find your voice.
- Don’t claim to do stuff…be known for it!
- A scary statistic that was shared was that 70% of recruiters have rejected candidates for what they’ve seen online.
- That being said, Google yourself. Claim the information and make updates where needed.
- Paying attention to your personal brand can help with job opportunities, personal growth, promotions, increase awareness and help your influence.
- Rebecca encouraged everyone to stay in your lane and hone your message. Don’t try to be everywhere. Pick a channel or two and go where people in your industry are.
We encourage you to check out her website and get more in-depth info on her personal branding message. It was a lot to digest in one sitting but had some great food for thought.
Don’t forget our next networking meet-up is Thursday, April 19th at the Copper Bar. We’ll have a nacho and cash bar, so make sure to stop by after work. While the event is FREE, we would appreciate your RSVP. You can do that here.
Our next monthly meeting with be May 3rd at Clabber Girl. Jackie McDonald will be our speaker as we look at what success looks like. We hope to see you there! Don’t forget to RSVP here!